This role will champion the hotel brands within TUI influencing and working towards agreed targets, taking short-term actions to improve sales, and identifying long-term gains. You will act as a representative and consultant, spreading knowledge on the hotel and club service delivery, customer target groups, differentiation from internal and external competitors, and key selling points. As well as identifying these opportunities to drive sales through engaging activities, experiences, incentives and learning sessions, you will develop and manage informative platforms to allow your network to self-serve, extending your reach. Your balance of the immediate actions and long-term vision will be to the mutual benefit of Global and Local goals. Collaboration and cooperation with complex stakeholder networks as well as turning data into action will be your key to success.
The role will ideally be based in Belgium, but Netherlands will also be considered. Wherever based, the role will require frequent travel and flexibility.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and own the sales & education strategies by brand within each market of the Western Region, in partnership with their existing distribution networks and processes to optimise performance. Involves significant influence, negotiation and relationship management with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels;
- Accountable for achieving the annual sales targets. You will track, analyse and act accordingly to meet revenue and pax targets;
- Develop sales, engagement and education proposals, present and gain buy in, adapting and collaborating to drive forward implementation;
- Own the development and creation of education platforms, tools, presentations and networks to sales teams, travel agents, and contact centres as well as head office colleagues;
- Monitor merchandising of hotels and clubs across both retail and websites, taking actions to aid the customer journey and ease of purchase;
- Manage commission and incentive initiatives to ensure optimal balance of volume vs profit;
- Represent the Hotel Brands at key international events and conferences, identifying the right opportunities to take part in and the level of promotion;
- Partner with Internal Communications teams to identify education and awareness opportunities, providing all information and organising resource to meet requirements – this may be online, at events or via eLearning
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager & Head of Marketing to input to the overall Marketing & Sales strategy
- Set up tracking and measurement to assess efficacy and reach of education efforts, informing future planning;
- Act as central point of contact between TUI and the hotels/clubs, establishing yourself as a valued member of the team and a useful, supportive resource. Act as a communicator to TUI from the hotels/clubs, ensuring all information and updates sent are relevant or adapted as required to be;
- Proactively seek to understand and monitor key competitors in order to be able to differentiate our brands clearly through sales and education;
- Proactively identify industry opportunities to promote our brands, drive sales and increase awareness;
- Management of any dedicated budgets, ensuring all expenditure is made within budget and with appropriate approval in line with business policies and processes. Track and report on ROI, in conjunction with marketing PCAs;
- Share learning with the wider team for greater efficiencies and growth, aligning activity across markets where it makes sense.
The TUI Hotels &Resorts Distribution team are responsible for managing the sales and marketing for our owned and joint venture portfolio of hotel brands, particularly ROBINSON, TUI MAGIC LIFE and TUI Blue. As TUI Group puts more focus on its fully controlled hotels & clubs with planned expansion, it is critical to create a dedicated marketing team to support all distribution channels, including our Tour Operators, Online, 3rd Parties and International Sales.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for driving sales and education of the hotel brands in the Western Region by partnering with their sales teams, customer advisors and head office teams. You will drive B2B awareness and understanding of the brands with the main objective of supporting sales and growth targets by maximising opportunities to increase visibility, incentivise sales, and educate colleagues about the brands.
What we are looking for:
- Significant sales experience in complex distribution networks with the ability to identify the right actions at the right moments;
- Experience of developing and implementing engaging education strategies to increase sales, ideally with international and travel industry experience;
- Dynamic, credible and professional personality;
- Ability to adapt to your environment and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Powerful communicator with excellent presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate ideas in creative ways, and think on their feet to turn obstacles into open doors;
- Confident presenting to large and small audiences, with initiative to anticipate the right approach for the audience in order to create the biggest impact;
- Strong influencer and negotiator, able to build rapport instantly and embed themselves in multiple teams;
- Quickly build genuine and lasting relationships across the business at all levels, including international colleagues;
- Demonstrable experience of project planning and management skills, delivering on time and to budget;
- Good understanding of TUI hotel brands with excellent network across the business;
- Passionate and resilient, comfortable with a high degree of change and resistance;
- Proactive and self-driven, you’ll be confident working independently, but have a strong team ethic;
- Ability to generate excitement and support from colleagues in a competitive environment
- Customer focussed, with strong business acumen;
- Role model of TUI Behaviours, able to win hearts and minds across the business;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Dutch, French & English.
It’s our people that make us number one TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel. You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
For more information concerning the selection process, please contact our Resourcing Department; 070-3266677 or email@example.com.
To subscribe to this vacancy, please submit your resume and cover letter via the 'solliciteer' button.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated!