Do you see yourself as an Operational Supply Chain Manager? This is your opportunity! You can apply by clicking the green 'solliciteer' button!
What will you be doing?
You will head up a world class supply chain organisation, driving most efficient and effective stores, logistics and operational purchasing and material support practices to deliver to the requirements of our maintenance organisation, and ultimately, our four European airlines. You will lead a large and diverse team operating across multiple locations in Europe, ensuring that they are appropriately trained, motivated and resourced to provide timely material supply for maintenance at best price, alongside stringent inventory management. This will include:
- Influence and work with the engineering management team to ensure the services are delivered to the correct specification and levels of performance
- Maintain an awareness of market intelligence within the supply chain and inventory management business
- Monitor and develop policies, procedures, controls and targets for the supply chain and logistics operation and ensure effective implementation throughout engineering
- Ensure a simple and aligned flow process is in place for all materials management and fully utilise AMOS to control inventory
- Manage local purchasing requirements as required and directed by the centralised purchasing strategy team
- Deliver aggressive targets to continuously optimise inventory levels and performance
- Drive improvement of general procurement processes to increase efficiency, and ensure compliance
- Ensure correct ordering, purchase order replacement, track delivery compliance, accounts payable issue resolution
- Understand how to get the best from our AMOS system, improving processes and tools
- Conduct the procurement process as required in collaboration with the Purchasing & Analysis team in order to fulfil business needs
- Co-ordinate all staff providing briefings, guidance and support as necessary to deliver assigned daily work plan
- Engage and communicate regularly with trade unions or workers councils in partnership for business success
- Build a high performance culture within supply chain and inventory management
- Monitor task progress and take necessary action to deliver in agreed timescale / budget, completing all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain the behaviour of all staff within their work area to promote a professional image to internal and external customers, and drive motivation across the team
- Ensure team compliance with departmental procedures; Health & Safety; Airport Regulations and Bylaws
- Responsible for team compliance with COSHH recommendations
- Undertake projects and any other reasonable tasks as and when required by the business
What are we looking for?
- Aviation supply chain background with significant management experience within a technical or operational arena
- A self-motivated leader who takes the initiative and works collaboratively with a track record of motivating and developing a diverse team
- Understanding of Human Factors within the E&M environment
- Strong IT skills, project management experience, and knowledge of engineering systems including AMOS
- Ability to operate within in a pan-European arena, with multiple customers and stakeholders across a range of source markets
- Proven financial acumen to prepare and control budgets
- A skilled communicator with the proven ability to influence, partner with other leaders, develop a strong network of contacts throughout the industry and gain support and commitment from line managers and employees across the business
- Proven ability to employ analytical tools to improve performance
- Ability to think commercially and operationally whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained
- A logical thinker with the ability to generate ideas and alternatives
- Demonstrable ability to clearly articulate concepts and arguments verbally and in written documentation
This role requires strong business English (written & spoken) and will involve regular travel across Europe.
The way we work across TUI Group Airlines is changing. Our goal in Engineering & Maintenance is to be a truly integrated service provider to the TUI Group Airlines based out of UK&I, the Netherlands, Belgium, and the Nordics. We are embarking on a journey to unite four independent engineering & maintenance establishments, and create one cohesive pan-European organisation, driving harmonisation and best practice in what we do and capitalising on our collective size to deliver economies of scale, whilst fostering a common culture of excellence in quality and delivery.
The purpose of this role is to deliver a world class supply chain to our aircraft maintenance organisation operating within a pan-European environment, at optimum cost and efficiency. The role will be responsible for the performance of both a central stores team and local stores hubs. It will be based out of the TUI Airline source market of the successful candidate, with a requirement for regular European travel.
What can we offer you?
We offer you a job at Europe’s biggest travel organisation with smart and enthusiastic colleagues within TUI, as well as the opportunity to work together with European colleagues within your field. You will be part of a dynamic company with many international contacts.
TUI also gives you the opportunity to develop yourself within TUI Group through specific talent programmes and possible trainings. In addition, TUI offers a cafeteria plan which enables you to determine your own remuneration package in accordance with your needs and desires. You can also take out hospitalisation insurance via TUI, if desired. Working at a travel organisation offers of course other benefits as well, such as the possibility to book your own trips or trips for close relatives with employee discount. In addition, you are also entitled to discount on several hotels, holiday resorts and airport car parks thanks to our partners. In order for you to be able to fully enjoy these benefits, TUI offers an additional day off per quarter in addition to the statutory days off!
Another plus is that the holiday feeling and the airport are never far away with a job at TUI!