- Know and work in accordance to the defined product and IFS procurement strategic vision;
- Build and maintain subject matter knowledge within the field of IFS, but also fuel, flight ops & cargo, including but not limited to;
- Obtain market intelligence by analysing market developments – new trends, supplier entry/exists, competitor information etc.;
- Look for and report innovative business solutions;
- Monitor and report opportunities for savings;
- Review information on quality and performance of suppliers, based on quality reports and audits and business intelligence analysis reports.
- Manage procurement process for small to medium value/risk product and IFS procurement projects following the SM&P process and procedures manual, and support and/or review other procurement projects, mainly in the field of IFS, but also for fuel, flight ops & cargo if requested. Including but not limited to;
- Lead procurement process in co-operation with operational stakeholders or other procurement manager(s) or specialist(s), if needed;
- Issuance of commercial material to suppliers;
- Critically evaluate all procurement requests. Challenge internal customers and suppliers to provide innovative solutions;
- Perform detailed proposal analysis and comparison;
- Manage any and all activities involved in implementing commercial agreements, as described in SM&P process and procedures manual;
- Training internal stakeholders, Internal rollout to stakeholders – such as Finance, where the drivers need to be correct in the ERP system.
- Manage contracts through their life-cycle from an administrative and commercial point of view, following the SM&P process and procedures manual;
- Provide guidance to stakeholders on contractual matters;
- Support operational departments in ongoing supplier management of contracts;
- Manage resolution of escalated contractual claims and disputes between internal stakeholders and suppliers and obtain compensation, if contractual terms & conditions are not fulfilled;
- Review long–term overall supplier performance and contract savings;
- Review risk analysis and manage increased risk level if needed.
- Analyse operational risks for product & supply chain agreements based on market intelligence, business intelligence analysis reports and financial risk reports. Report if risk level changes/increases and make recommendation for further actions;
- Develop and manage supplier relationships;
- Familiarize and engage with new suppliers;
- Manage and maintain relationships with existing suppliers;
- Manage long-term supplier performance by reviewing supplier performance; reports and by organizing regular service/performance review meetings with suppliers and business owners.
- Develop and leverage an excellent network and cooperation with internal (SM&P colleagues, operational departments, etc.) and external (suppliers, etc.) stakeholders, so as to ensure the best input and output of your scope;
- Ensure you are acting according to TUI values and relevant procurement policies, and report to (at least) the head of your team in case you notice non-compliance.
- Have at least a relevant graduate degree, a CIPS qualification or equivalent by experience;
- Have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of other languages is desired but not essential;
- Have experience in in-flight products/services and/or procurement;
- Experience in airline supply chain is desired but not essential;
- Have a commercial mindset, continually evaluating the costs and benefits of a decision;
- Have strong numeric, analytical and problem solving skills with eye for detail, at the same time maintaining an overview;
- Able to identify and understand key drivers in any scenario;
- Able to challenge assumptions and to think out of the box;
- Have extensive understanding of contractual legal terms & conditions;
- Have good communication and reporting skills;
- Have good negotiation, influencing and persuading skills;
- Understand cultural differences, able to manage the complexity and ambiguity resulting from multiple stakeholders of differing sizes and based in different countries;
- Able to work, always innovating, in a rapidly changing environment, prioritizing accordingly;
- Able to easily develop a strong network of contacts throughout the business and industry, gaining the support and commitment of key players to key projects;
- Have ‘can-do’ attitude, work result-oriented and take initiative;
- Able to travel regularly to meet with suppliers and internal stakeholders, for example;
- Able to work according TUI values and procurement policies.
The objective of the Supplier Management & Procurement department is to deliver best value and cost savings in all aviation contracts. As In-Flight Services (IFS) Procurement Specialist, you will be a subject matter expert in the field of in-flight products and IFSC (catering, IFE, etc.). You are responsible for small to medium-value procurement projects and for managing the agreements throughout their life-cycle. You will work cross-category, if needed, ensuring flexibility within the team to cover all workload across the SM&P department.
This role can be based in either our Luton, Amsterdam, Brussels, Hanover or Stockholm office. TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact the resourcing department; 070 326 6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to receive your motivation letter including cv via the 'apply' button.
Applications by email will not be processed.
'Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated'.