Are you a freelancer and up for a challenge? Do you thrive in leading projects with multiple stakeholders across Europe in complex matrix managed organizations? And more importantly do you have a passion for all things aviation and travel? We are looking for a freelancer like you!
The primary purpose of this role is to work with functional business sponsors to lead the specification, planning and delivery of TUI Aviation projects primarily within the airline division. We currently work with Engineering, Airline operations, Ground operations, In-flight supply chain, Supplier management, HR and Finance. So there are a wide variety of projects and areas to keep things interesting. This will require close working with senior stakeholders across functions, the TUI Group Airlines and potentially the tour operator markets. You will plan, direct and oversee all deliverables and own both internal and external stakeholder relationships. Success will also be measured by delivering the TUI Aviation long term strategy, the achievement of project benefits, effective management of project budget and positive stakeholder feedback.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that Projects achieve their objectives and benefits are realised within Project scope, standards, processes, dependencies, risk and business case, through exceptional stakeholder engagement strategies and project management discipline.
- Work with internal stakeholders across Belgium and Holland to identify strategic projects and incorporate these in to the Aviation Portfolio
- Provide project management training to internal subject matter experts in Aviation
- Identify reporting and Management Information Requirements from the senior leadership team
- Ensuring integrated business services (people, processes, technologies) are designed to deliver operating models and processes across the Group and help the business to align differing operating models and processes whilst minimising disruption to BAU.
- Understanding the Group and local market commercial needs to deliver benefits in different regions.
- Achieve a high degree of collaboration – motivate, support and guide stakeholders through complex change.
- Ensuring the aims of programmes and projects continue to be aligned with business needs as they evolve.
- Enhancing the service that the PMO delivers to TUI Aviation.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you are able to:
- Can provide your service as a freelancer.
- You are able to write and speak fluently in Dutch and English.
- Have track record of successful project delivery in leading complex projects across regions, lead virtual teams and coordinate activities.
- Proven strong people leadership, influencing and stakeholder engagement and management skills, in complex matrix structures.
- Demonstrated programme and project management, risk management and governance skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility to achieve business objectives and make the practical trade-offs and balance project objectives.
- Deliver information gathering, analytics, and reporting.
- Ability to operate at pace, providing clarity and direction to complex challenges.
- Business consulting and analysis skills to resolve business issues as they arise.
You will also need personal attributes:
- Experience or a passion in the airline/aviation/travel industry advantageous.
- Professionalism and integrity, consistently working to high standards and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Broad commercial awareness and good judgement.
- Genuine desire to help TUI Aviation be successful - leading by example, promoting 'one team' culture, strong desire to add value and go the extra mile
- Calm and patient under pressure whilst thriving in a changing, dynamic environment.
- Strategic and able see and manage the big picture while grasping the detail.
- Assertive yet polite and proactive with a can-do attitude.
- Has a positive mental attitude and able to get along with different personalities. “Makes it fun”.
The way we work across TUI Group Airlines is changing and TUI Aviation is helping to make that happen. TUI Aviation is the Group entity that harmonises our aviation business and drives synergies. The TUI Aviation PMO provides Programme, Project and Process Management services and resources that make TUI Aviation a leader in the travel leisure business by delivering complex cross functional and cross regional projects to improve efficiency and customer experience.
We are looking for a freelancer for 3-6 months with a day rate around €500,-, based in Rijswijk.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact the recruitment department; 070 326 6677 or email@example.com.
We would like to receive your motivation letter including cv via the 'apply' button.
Applications by email will not be processed.