The objective of the Supplier Management & Procurement (SM&P) department is to deliver best value and cost savings in all aviation contracts. As a Manager of Products & In-flight Services (IFS) Procurement you will be a subject matter expert in the field of in-flight products and services. You are responsible for medium to high-value procurement projects and for managing the agreements throughout their life-cycle. You will work cross-category, if needed, ensuring flexibility within the team to cover all workload across the SM&P department.
As a Manager of Products & In-flight Services Procurement, you will work in accordance to the defined product procurement strategy and plans, and work together with the Head of Airline Ops, Fuel, Cargo & IFS Procurement to implement the strategic vision for product and IFSC procurement. You will build and maintain subject matter knowledge within the field of (mainly) products & In-flight services, but also fuel, flight operations and cargo, including obtaining market intelligence by analysing market developments – new trends, supplier entry/exists, competitor information, etc and look for and report innovative business solutions which could be used as opportunities for savings. Review information on quality and performance of suppliers, based on quality reports and audits and business intelligence analysis reports.
As Manager of Products & In-flight Services Procurement, you will manage procurement process for medium to high value/risk product & IFS agreements following the SM&P process and procedures manual, and support and/or review other projects, mainly in the field of in-flight product & IFSC, but also for airports, ground handling, etc. You will lead procurement process in co-operation with operational stakeholders and work in close co-operation with peers. This will include, evaluating all procurement requests and challenge internal customers and suppliers to provide innovative solutions and perform detailed proposal analysis and comparison. You will manage any and all activities involved in implementing commercial agreements including the issue of commercial material to suppliers, as described in SM&P process and procedures manual.
As Manager of Products & In-flight Services Procurement, you will manage contracts through their life-cycle from an administrative and commercial point of view, following the SM&P process and procedures manual. You will provide guidance to stakeholders on contractual matters and support ongoing supplier management of contracts and support operational departments in ongoing supplier management of contracts.
As Manager of Products & In-flight Services Procurement, you will manage the resolution escalated contractual claims and disputes between operational departments, internal stakeholders and suppliers and obtain compensation, if contractual terms & conditions are not fulfilled. Through the development and management of supplier relationships, you will be able to manage long-term supplier performance by reviewing supplier performance reports and by organizing regular service/performance review meetings with suppliers and business owners. You will analyse operational risks for products agreements based on market intelligence, business intelligence analysis reports and financial risk reports. Report if risk level changes/increases and make recommendations for further actions.
You will develop and leverage internal networks, in cooperation with internal (SM&P colleagues, operational departments etc.) and external (suppliers, etc.) stakeholders, ensuring the best input and output of your scope. Training and the rollout to internal stakeholders – such as Finance, where the drivers need to be correct in the ERP system to ensure best practice. At all times, ensure you are acting according to TUI values and relevant procurement policies, and report to a person of trust in case you notice non-compliance.
- Have at least a relevant graduate degree, a CIPS qualification or equivalent by experience. Master’s degree is desired but not essential
- Have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of other languages is desired but not essential
- Have experience in in-flight products, IFSC and/or procurement is required
- Experience in catering and/or supply chain procurement is desired but not essential
- Have a commercial mindset, continually evaluating the costs and benefits of a decision
- Have strong numeric, analytical and problem solving skills with eye for detail, at the same time maintaining an overview.
- Able to identify and understand key drivers in any scenario
- Able to challenge assumptions and to think out of the box
- Have extensive understanding of contractual legal terms & conditions
- Have good communication and reporting skills
- Have good negotiation, influencing and persuading skills
- Understand cultural differences, able to manage the complexity and ambiguity resulting from multiple stakeholders of differing sizes and based in different countries
- Able to work, always innovating, in a rapidly changing environment, prioritizing accordingly
- Able to easily develop a strong network of contacts throughout the business and industry, gaining the support and commitment of key players to key projects
- Have ‘can-do’ attitude, work result-oriented and take initiative
- Able to travel regularly to meet with suppliers and internal stakeholders, for example
- Able to work according TUI values and procurement policies
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact the resourcing department; 070 326 6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to receive your motivation letter including cv via the 'apply' button.
Applications by email will not be processed.
'Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated'